Meri Awaaz Suno
The Youth Forum is an opportunity for youths in all their diversities to openly and strategically discuss the challenges and opportunities for fighting violence against women and achieving gender equality and sustainable development in our local, regional, and national contexts, and to strengthen common concerns and advocacy efforts. Recognizing that young people can attend the Youth Forum discussion online, all young people and stakeholders from around the country are invited to participate in this online consultation and provide their input on the key themes of the Youth Forum: Advocating ways to challenge VAW, Partnerships with Young Men and boys in Gender Equality, and Inter-generational Partnerships.
Between November and December, young people and stakeholders will be invited to contribute to the discussion using the MANJARI – YOUTH FOR CHANGE web platform and respond to the questions below.
We encourage young people aged 18-35 to add their voices!
Topic of consultation: Fighting Violence against women
Duration: November 25 – December 10, 20178
Questions for discussion:
- How can youths foster a leadership model that is inclusive and intersectional, which embraces diversity and varying identities? Please provide concrete examples
- How can youths become active agents of change for their communities? Please provide concrete examples
- Do schools, businesses and public and private institutions need to change to create better leadership pathways for youths, and if so, how?
- What do you see as are the main barriers to youth leadership in your community? Can you elaborate with examples / stories?
- What role can you currently play in order to improve the lives and empower young men and women and girls in your community?
Hashtags used on social media: #Youthforchange